Timbrely's Tantrums


Google
 
Web www.apple.com
www.macrumors.com www.macminute.com

Over 70% off Regular Price at the Torrid.com Clearance

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

A dream come true... facial recognition photo cataloging

OK, Riya sounds absolutely amazing. This software, which is still in the alpha phase of development, can recognize and tag photos with the people in them (once you train it with a dozen images or so of each person) It can also figure out the text in signs in the photos, so you could search for "Niagra Falls" and find the photo you took of the sign there. I have thousands of digital photos and like with the other areas in my life, I am not good at keeping on top of the organization of them. I have so many pics without tags and so many duplicates. This could be a real sanity saver. AND IT IS FREE! Ok, sorry to scream that from the rooftops, but how cool is that?

Of course, if you are worried about Big Brother, you may want to shout it from the rooftops to warn us all. I welcome dissenting comments here, but I think this is a phenomenol tool and am not worried about the government being able to id me in photos as a result. Hello, they already have facial recognition software, don't they? If Big Brother wants to bore some lowly probationary agent with tracking me, have at! I am sorry to say, the life and times of Timbrely are not likely to spark a very large case file. I am just not interesting enough to be tracked ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home