Timbrely's Tantrums


Google
 
Web www.apple.com
www.macrumors.com www.macminute.com

Over 70% off Regular Price at the Torrid.com Clearance

Friday, November 18, 2005

Holiday Crafts

I have borrowed a Sizzix die-cutter from a friend and will be attempting to make gift tags and bags with it.

I am using WunderUnder fusible webbing and cute Christmas fabrics. I bought plain brown gift bags with the handles and cardstock and will adhere them. I plan to use the alphabet dies to make custom gift tags as well (maybe just the first initial with to and from written on them)

I am also stitching felt stockings for my niece and nephew. I found some cute kits with all of the pieces drawn on the felt, so I just have to cut and sew. (oh and stuff and bead and sequin and cut replacement pieces for when I lose one and line them with sturdier fabric)

Every year I do a little painting. I am not a painter really, but I enjoy painting the little wood shapes. It takes patience but it very relaxing. This year I found glossy acrylic craft paint (at Michael's) and it is great. It looks much more "finished" with very little effort. A Sharpie permanent marker covers a lot of sloppiness. I outline the design when I am finished and I like the look. It is very coloring book-ish. I have not gotten into the whole shading concept. I like bold solids.

When I am not bouncing between these, I also am making some of those Quilt Magic thingies mentioned in a previous post. Never a dull day because it is never the same craft. :)

Cheers.

1 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Blogger Timbrely said...

I sure hope so. Will you join us? I have begun a little painting. I bought a little storage box for my paints so it will be easy to bring the stuff to your house. When shall we start?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home