Timbrely's Tantrums


Google
 
Web www.apple.com
www.macrumors.com www.macminute.com

Over 70% off Regular Price at the Torrid.com Clearance

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Audiobooks

I listen to audiobooks while I drive. I have a subscription to audible.com so I get two new books each month. Prior to this website's offerings, I was paying $35-$75 for a book on CD. Now I pay $19.95 for two, and I can re-download them if I lose a CD. I usually just put them on my iPod nano and listen there. (I use a cassette adapter to pipe the sound through my car stereo)

I am listening to
Robin Cook's Marker and Michael Connelly'sThe Lincoln Lawyer
right now. (when I carpool I listen to one, and when i am alone I listen to the other)

To get into the holiday spirit, I highly recommend:
Roger Highfield's The Physics of Christmas
especially for your favorite science geek. This book explains the science behind all of the mysteries of Christmas, including how a turkey cooks and why Rudolph has a red nose. You can listen to a sample directly from the website.

If you have plans to visit London, you can have your own personal guided tour by bringing
LondonWalks
along. These audio tours take you through popular London sites while giving you an indepth perspective.

You should also checkout the San Diego Zoo's podcasts on iTunes for a similar offering if you are ever in San Diego. (Our zoo is amazing, with or without an audio guide)

The Physics of Christmas
LondonWalks
The Lincoln Lawyer
Marker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home