Timbrely's Tantrums


Google
 
Web www.apple.com
www.macrumors.com www.macminute.com

Over 70% off Regular Price at the Torrid.com Clearance

Thursday, March 09, 2006

I like CUTE as much as the next person, but...

I have to agree with Shiny Shiny's notion that it is creepy to refer to an electronic gadget as "Partner-Type." The name PaPeRo is an acronym for PArtner-type PErsonal RObot. That sweet little face does not say "partner" to me, so much as "pet." Based on the picture at NEC's site (click image to go there) it is packed with some pretty impressive technology, such as a stereoscopic camera for eyes, ultrasonic obstacle sensors, and more. At just under 15 inches tall, with no arms, I am not sure what it can do to "help around the house" or play with the kids, but I probably lack imagination. Shiny Shiny also notes the disturbing reference to a "hole sensor." Any guesses what our little partner needs that for? I am really hoping that is just a poorly-titled feature to prevent our little friend from falling into a well.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home